Cellist Sterling Elliott has soloed with the New York Philharmonic, The Cleveland Orchestra, Virginia Symphony Orchestra, the Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra, the South Bend Symphony Orchestra, the New World Symphony, the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, the San Francisco Chamber Orchestra, and many more.
In 2019, Sterling was a featured performer at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. He has enjoyed the honor of performing for cellist Yo-Yo Ma and performing alongside recording artist Jennifer Hudson. In 2015/16, Sterling embarked upon a seven week national tour with the Sphinx Virtuosi, and in 2018 was a featured soloist on tour, including a performance at Carnegie Hall.
Sterling began his cello studies at the age of three. He made his solo debut at the age of seven, when he became the first-place Junior Division winner of the PYO Concerto Competition.
Sterling is currently a Kovner Fellow at The Juilliard School, where he is pursuing his Masters of Music degree studying with Joel Krosnick and Clara Kim. He completed his undergraduate degree in cello performance at Juilliard in May 2021.
• 2021 Avery Fisher Career Grant recipient
• Winner, 2019 National Sphinx Competition, Senior Division
• Winner, 2019 Camerata Artists International Competition
• Grand Prize, First Presbyterian Young Artist Competition
• First Place, 2014 Sphinx Competition
• First Place, 2014 Richmond Symphony Concerto Competition